"Leading the fight against hunger"
Sonoma County CalFresh
(formerly Food Stamps)
Many Sonoma County residents have trouble making ends meet each month. After paying for rent, utilities, transportation, and childcare, there is often little left over to buy nutritious food.But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Every month hundreds of families turn to the Sonoma County Human Services Department for assistance in the form of CalFresh benefits to help feed their families. The CalFresh program issues benefits to an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card for qualified low-income households to use like debit cards at participating grocery outlets.
This web site is designed to show you how you can receive help if you qualify and to answer many commonly asked questions about CalFresh.
In certain situations, eligible recipients may receive emergency CalFresh within three days. For information on how to apply, call (707) 565-2715 or 800-331-2278.
Information presented here is designed for Sonoma County residents. If you live outside of Sonoma County, you can find contact information for all California county CalFresh offices here. You can find CalFresh offices outside CA here.
If you are not yet a CalFresh client, you can:
- read the answers to frequently asked questions about CalFresh
- use the eligibility tool to see if you are likely to qualify for benefits
- try out the benefits calculator to get an idea of what kind of benefits you might receive if you qualify
- see what you should bring with you when you apply
- get directions to our offices