"Leading the fight against hunger"
Sonoma County CalFresh
CalFresh Application InstructionsWays to Apply:
- On-line through www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- By phone or if you would like to make an appointment, call 1-877-699-6868 (toll free)
- Mail applications to:
County of Sonoma Human Services Department
P.O. Box 1539
Santa Rosa, CA 95402-9958
- Or in person at:
- 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa between 8am-4:30pm (Directions to 2550 Paulin Dr.) or use (Google Maps)
- 520 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa between 8am-4:30pm (Directions to 520 Mendocino Ave) or use (Google Maps)
- Applications may be submitted at the Mendocino Office; staffing for interviews is limited and an appointment will likely be scheduled
If applying in person, on-line, or if you decide to mail in your application, you will need to provide the following verifications:
- Identification – Driver’s license, school or work identification
- Social Security Number – only for the person you are applying for
- Immigration and naturalization verifications – unless you are applying ONLY for US born children; Sponsored Non-citizen Information
- Residency (you can use mail received at your current address to show you are Sonoma County resident)
- Pay stubs/verification of what you or members of your household who are working are paid in the past 30 days
- Unearned income verifications such as unemployment insurance or disability benefits
- Bank account numbers for checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit, credit union accounts, retirement accounts, stocks, bonds, dividends, etc.
- Medical Expenses
- Child Support Obligations and Payments (court-ordered)
SonomaWORKs is a program that can provide cash assistance, CalFresh benefits and Medi-Cal if your family is eligible. To be eligible, the children in the home must have a deprivation, such as a deceased parent, an absent or disabled parent, or if both parents are in the home and are working less than 100 hours per month or are unemployed. In addition to deprivation, eligible families must meet certain income and property guidelines. For more information please call (707) 565-5500, Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. For applications, please visit our office at 2227 Capricorn Way, Suite 100 (Southside entrance), Santa Rosa, CA 95407.